Pause and be captivated by the breathtaking scenery. Echoes of the impressive Glärnisch mountain range reverberate loudly. Head downhill from there, past the middle plateau of the Oberblegialp, to the mountain station of Brunnenbergbahn. The cable car takes you to Luchsingen and from there you can take the train back to Linthal or straight home out of the valley.
Train and experience in one. Benefit from a discounted SBB ticket.
Getting thereFrom Zurich in about 70 minutes or from Chur / Sargans via the motorway (A3) to the Niederurnen exit (No. 44); then main road in the direction of Glarus / Klausen (about 30km to the Linthal-Braunwald Station).
ParkingParking spaces and camp sites are available in the car park at the Braunwald station in Linthal.
EquipmentEasy hiking trail. We recommend hiking boots or good trekking shoes.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.